Buddhists stole my clarinet... and I'm still as mad as Hell about it! How did a small-town boy from the Midwest come to such an end? And what's he doing in Rhode Island by way of Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New York? Well, first of all, it's not the end YET! Come back regularly to find out. (Plant your "flag" at the bottom of the page, and leave a comment. Claim a piece of Rhode Island!) My final epitaph? "I've calmed down now."

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Two Questions for Senator Clinton (and one for the Post-Gazette... or MSNBC)

I don't usually state my preferred candidates, but I will say mine dropped out of the running a while back. So at this point, I am concerned with democracy, truthfulness, and fair and honest campaigning.

I'm against superdelegates deciding the winner of the Democratic nomination, IF it goes against the popular vote.

However, since Senator Clinton has put me on her mailing list to ask for donations (daily), I would like SOME reporter, perhaps from MSNBC, to ask her two questions on which I have written to her(every time I get a donation request), but on which I have gotten no response. Ever.

1) When the Senate voted on whether or not to grant "retroactive immunity" to the telecoms, Obama and many other Democrats were there to oppose it. Unfortunately, some Democrats went along with the President, while still calling him a "bully". Poor babies. Not a lot of strength there, I'm sorry to say.


But where, also, is the strength in Hillary Clinton NOT showing up to vote against it? (Or for it if she feels that way.) I'd finally like to hear HER opinion on this issue. She's one of the Senators running for President. McCain and Obama are on the record. She's avoided answering it at every point.

2) While I'm at it, I'd like to hear her disavow Governor Rendell's comments on whether or not whites would vote for a black candidate in Pennsylvania. He's her campaign leader here and a pre-declared Hillary superdelegate - before the popular vote. It wasn't a comment that was asked for by the Post-Gazette reporters, they've said.

MSNBC had Governor Rendell on, but not any of the reporters present in the room... especially Tony Norman who wrote the follow up column 3 days later, calling attention to it (and also the only African-American in the room at the time.)

It was volunteered by Gov. Rendell, according to them, before he gave his state budget speech, which was his given reason for meeting with the P-G staff. He would have had to have known it would be reported. Or perhaps someone should ask the P-G staff if it was a question posed to him before his State budget speech, in which case, it's an opinion.

I would like to know whether it was a pre-determined "time bomb" to be dropped, or a question he was replying to.

In either case, I'd like to see Sen. Clinton disavow it as quickly as she called MSNBC to disavow similarly questionable comments by one of its reporters.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home