Buddhists stole my clarinet... and I'm still as mad as Hell about it! How did a small-town boy from the Midwest come to such an end? And what's he doing in Rhode Island by way of Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New York? Well, first of all, it's not the end YET! Come back regularly to find out. (Plant your "flag" at the bottom of the page, and leave a comment. Claim a piece of Rhode Island!) My final epitaph? "I've calmed down now."

Friday, May 25, 2007

Just a Thought on Ending the War

On a day's musing, I wondered, "How CAN we end the War in Iraq, aka "Bush's War"?" (or "Cheney's War... you choose the title)... NOT AKA The Global War on Terror, which, I think, is based somewhere in the mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan. That is where Bin Laden still remains safely planning future attacks, which is what SHOULD alarm Americans.

Anyway, to return to the topic, I had a quick solution for ending the United States' participation in Cheney's/Bush's War (Iraq). Quite simply, remove the contracts for services in Iraq (and New Orleans, come to think of it) from Haliburton, Cheney's old company, and bid them out with the stipulation that contracts not be awarded to companies tied to the administration. I'd be curious then to see how quickly they lose interest in their war, which has earned his old company (in which he still holds stock), millions of dollars, and simultaneously cost the American taxpayers the same amount.

Cheney's net worth was, I believe, recently reported as near $100 million.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home