Buddhists stole my clarinet... and I'm still as mad as Hell about it! How did a small-town boy from the Midwest come to such an end? And what's he doing in Rhode Island by way of Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New York? Well, first of all, it's not the end YET! Come back regularly to find out. (Plant your "flag" at the bottom of the page, and leave a comment. Claim a piece of Rhode Island!) My final epitaph? "I've calmed down now."

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Who's in Charge?

Keith Olbermann blogs, "Vice President Dick Cheney told Iran on Tuesday that enrichment of nuclear fuel on Iranian territory was unacceptable and warned that Tehran would face "meaningful consequences" if it continued to pursue its nuclear program. " http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11681845/

Pardon me? I don't remember Hubert Humphrey, Spiro Agnew, Dan Quayle, or any other Vice Presidents threatening other countries on our behalf. And this seems to leave open the "possibility" of war. So who is in charge now? Bush or Cheney? Given the recent shooting incident, it would appear that Dick doesn't seem to report to George at all. And are we now electing VP's to speak for us as a country? If we are, and it now seems so, we had better scrutinize all future VP pics carefully. But, given the power Bush has given his VP, perhaps we should do a better job of scrutinizing Presidential choices. I would never in a million years have though after our previous to last election that I was voting (or not) for a VP who could take us to war as a country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home