Buddhists stole my clarinet... and I'm still as mad as Hell about it! How did a small-town boy from the Midwest come to such an end? And what's he doing in Rhode Island by way of Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New York? Well, first of all, it's not the end YET! Come back regularly to find out. (Plant your "flag" at the bottom of the page, and leave a comment. Claim a piece of Rhode Island!) My final epitaph? "I've calmed down now."

Friday, April 18, 2008

Obama endorsed by former senators Nunn & Boren; Reich does so as well

From ON POLITICS; USA Today
By: Mark Memmott and Jill Lawrence


Obama endorsed by former senators Nunn & Boren; Reich does so as well
Two former senators with long records on foreign policy and national security issues -- and who come from "red" states where Republicans dominate -- have just endorsed Sen. Barack Obama's bid for the White House.

Sam Nunn of Georgia and David Boren of Oklahoma, both Democrats (as is Obama), will also be serving as advisers on Obama's national security foreign policy team.

Meanwhile, New York magazine reports that one-time "friend of Bill" and former Clinton administration Labor secretary Robert Reich will this afternoon also endorse Obama. Reich is set to make his announcement official around 1 p.m. ET, on his blog.

Update at 1 p.m. ET. Reich makes it official:

"My avoidance of offering a formal endorsement until now has also been affected by the pull of old friendships and my reluctance as a teacher and commentator to be openly partisan," Reich says in the post he just published. "But my conscience won't let me be silent any longer."

He adds that:

"I believe that Barack Obama should be elected President of the United States.

Although Hillary Clinton has offered solid and sensible policy proposals, Obama's strike me as even more so."

Posted by Mark Memmott at 12:38 PM/ET, April 18, 2008 in Democrats, Presidential race, 2008 Permalink

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home