Buddhists stole my clarinet... and I'm still as mad as Hell about it! How did a small-town boy from the Midwest come to such an end? And what's he doing in Rhode Island by way of Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New York? Well, first of all, it's not the end YET! Come back regularly to find out. (Plant your "flag" at the bottom of the page, and leave a comment. Claim a piece of Rhode Island!) My final epitaph? "I've calmed down now."

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hillary Clinton: To Bosnia and Back Again

(A note from Greetings: I was checking my "cookies" as I always do on my regular computer. However, I don't do it as much on my laptop.. a Mac. What I found was... from all of my visits to the candidates' sites... only one put tracking cookies on my computer. HillaryClinton.com . If we get that from her campaign, what will her Presidency bring? Do watch the Jed Report below... both funny and scary.)

From The Jed Report
http://www.jedreport.com/2008/04/bosnia-and-back.html#disqus_thread


Presenting the newest production from The Jed Report -- Bosnia and Back Again, the story of Senator Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. AMERICAblog declares it is "the most spectacular display of sniper fire since Tuzla." Senator Clinton plays herself in a performance The Field calls "a paid political ad for John McCain." Watch the trailer now:



The story behind Bosnia and Back Again:

A few days ago, MasterSitsu, a member of the Daily Kos community, sent me an e-mail. His subject line: "OMG I hit the video goldmine." He wasn't kidding -- he had found unbroadcast footage of Hillary Clinton from a 1992 interview on 60 Minutes. MasterSitsu suggested a video highlighting the stark contrast between her rhetoric then and her actions now, and I took his idea and ran with it.

I'd been wanting to put together a video that would serve as a bookend to Hillary in Tuzla: The Story of Bosnian Sniper Fire, but until MasterSitsu sent me the 60 Minutes footage, I hadn't felt like I had enough material to make a strong video.

Another person who helped find a key piece of video for Bosnia and Back Again is Carthage -- who found Clinton's cookies and teas comment.

One interesting side note: the 60 Minutes interview from which the outtakes were pulled was aired after the Superbowl in January 1992 shortly before the New Hampshire primary. At the time, a variety of scandals including charges of marital infidelity threatened to destroy the Clinton campaign, but in this interview the Clintons managed to get his campaign back on track, ultimately sending him to the White House. (None of the outtake footage directly deals with any of the scandals. We're not the business of doing Ken Starr's work here at The Jed Report.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home