Buddhists stole my clarinet... and I'm still as mad as Hell about it! How did a small-town boy from the Midwest come to such an end? And what's he doing in Rhode Island by way of Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New York? Well, first of all, it's not the end YET! Come back regularly to find out. (Plant your "flag" at the bottom of the page, and leave a comment. Claim a piece of Rhode Island!) My final epitaph? "I've calmed down now."

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Simple Question

From me... please read the following articles. They should provide you with varying information on the $700 Billion Bailout using our money.

Henry Paulson wants no Congressional oversight, no need to answer to any courts, no equity for U.S. Citizens for providing all of this money, and.... NO SALARY CAPS FOR CEO's AND WALL STREET EXECUTIVES!

His reason? He's afraid these companies won't participate.

My simple question? If they need this money so badly and so quickly.... why wouldn't they accept those limits on salaries if they're not able to share that risk we're taking?

I may ask a second question. (I know I said I'd only ask one.) If they're not willing to share in equity and risk... and cap their salaries if they're underperforming... DO THEY REALLY NEED THIS BAILOUT THAT THEY'RE ASKING FOR SO QUICKLY?

Where's George?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home