Buddhists stole my clarinet... and I'm still as mad as Hell about it! How did a small-town boy from the Midwest come to such an end? And what's he doing in Rhode Island by way of Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New York? Well, first of all, it's not the end YET! Come back regularly to find out. (Plant your "flag" at the bottom of the page, and leave a comment. Claim a piece of Rhode Island!) My final epitaph? "I've calmed down now."

Monday, August 27, 2007

Gonzalez Resigns... But During a Vacation Period. Step up Congress! And come back to work now!

So, Gonzalez resigned during Congress' vacation period. Weren't there a lot of controversial vacation appointments under Bush? If Bush appoints someone now, Congress gets no say in it...that is, unless they have the ambition and commitment to cut their vacations short, and the fortitude to hold an actual hearing, rather than a rubber-stamp session. I'm talking to Republicans AND Democrats...let's see what you're made of.

To paraphrase the words of George Bush... "Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice... well....(don't ) get fooled again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home